Monday, May 7, 2007

Hello and Good Morning

Um. So. Yeah.

At my main blog, I write about all kinds of random, crazy, nonsensical things. The only theme is me, my babies, me, my husband, me, my Lord, me, my depressing life, me... And, did I mention me?

But here, I want to do something specific. I want to follow through with an idea I had (no, not original, but what is original in the blogworld now?) and actually, you know, do something. Accomplish something.

So, here's what I have in mind, and I hope you will join in and play along and contribute and help and have some fun with me. I want to do a Bible study. I have this really cute little book that promises to understand me and help me to grow to know my Lord more and be a better Christian, all while having pretty colors and cute shoes on the cover.

Running Nowhere In Every Direction (2 links.)

So, how 'bout this...

First - Leave a comment here about your interest in doing this study with me. I'll create a yahoo group or something that will let our study and discussion be more "conversational" and then post the link to it (or invite you to join, whichever works best.) (I'll have to go figure that out first, since I've never done that kind of thing before. It shouldn't be hard though.)

Two - Go find the book or order it from an online store.

C - Do all this by May 31.

Finally - When we've got the group created and all the members joined, we'll start reading and discussing a chapter/lesson per week. They're pretty short, so that should be manageable. And then to try to share our study with the BlogWorld, I'll choose (or take recommendations from the group) a member's discussion about each week's lesson and post it here.



If you've done this type thing before and have suggestions about how to do it better, PLEASE share. This is my first attempt at this and would certainly appreciate the input.



Ok? Wannajoin?

Looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds good to me!

You can count me in!

I'll post about it & see if anyone else is interested.

Melzie said...

I will scout around for the book, I'd like to participate :) xoxo melzie

kittyhox said...

Hi! Is this study open to strangers?

If so, I'd love to participate! My ladies Bible study is drawing to a close and will be on hiatus for the summer. So this would be perfect.

Let me know!

Thanks!!

~Kitty

Jenny said...

I linked to your other blog through your comments at Boomama's. I noticed that you have a 4 month old. I have an almost 2 month old. Anyway, I would be interested if I can get the book in a decent amount of time. I might load up all my youngun's tomorrow and head to family christian stores to see if they have it. Like Kitty said above...if it's open to strangers. Thanks!